Frequently asked questions


Our most asked questions to help you decide

If your question is not answered here, and you still have questions you'd like to ask us, feel free to contact us here, or call us on 0330 124 7784.

What is a Trust Deed?

A Trust Deed is a voluntary arrangement which allows you to come to a binding arrangement with your lenders (sometimes called creditors) to repay your debts in part or in full. You must be a Scottish resident to sign up to a Trust Deed.

Do I have to make the Trust Deed public?

A Trust Deed is classed as a form of insolvency and by law any insolvencies that are processed have to be made public. If you sign up to a Trust Deed it must be registered in the AIB Register of Insolvencies. Your trustee will arrange for this to happen.

How long does a Trust Deed last?

A Trust Deed normally lasts for 4 years with you making 48 monthly payments. The period can be shortened or lengthened depending on your circumstances and creditor approval.

What if my circumstances change?

Protected Trust Deeds do have some flexibility should your circumstances change. It is important that you keep us up to date with any financial changes as we will be able to provide guidance to you should the need arise.

What will happen to my home?

If you have any equity in your home you will be required to realise any positive equity into the Trust Deed for the benefit of your creditors. This would be done by either by remortgage, sale of property, lump sum payment or an extension to your Trust Deed contributions to release any equity you may have. We recommend that you find out your equity figure before signing up to a Trust Deed.


We’re always happy to answer your questions

Call us on: 0330 124 7784

Lines open: Monday - Thursday from 9am - 8pm, Friday from 9am - 5:30pm

Call us free on:  0330 124 7784

Campbell Wallace Fraser specialise in Trust Deeds, a debt management solution only available to Scottish residents.

Call us

0330 124 7784

Opening times

Monday - Thursday: 9:00am - 8:00pm Friday: 9:00am - 5:30pm

Saturday & Sunday: Closed

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram

The Money Advice Service is a free service set up by the Government to help people make the most of their money. If you would like to learn more click here. The Accountant in Bankruptcy Scotland (AIB) an independent government agency, have a leaflet on dealing with your creditors. To view a copy, click here. Campbell Wallace Fraser Limited. National House 80-82 Wellington Road North, Stockport, Cheshire. SK4 1HW Company Registered in England & Wales No. 07439002. Registered office as above.  Brendan Hogan is licensed to act as an insolvency practitioner in the UK by the Insolvency Practitioners Association. Telephone: 0330 124 7784. E-mail: enquiries@CampbellWallaceFraser.co.uk

© Campbell Wallace Fraser | Complaints procedure | Terms & Conditions | Created by Lets One.